Welcome to My New Site!

September 22, 2010

Disney Travel Babble is the new home of all my rambling, photo-intensive reports of trips to various Disney theme parks around the world, along with live blogs and recaps of fun Disney-related events and escapades. It’s also the place to find information on Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings, along with How To pages to address some of the most common questions I get about touring the Disney parks. (And if you’re wondering who the heck I am, click here!)

Trip Reports

Here you’ll (eventually) find every trip report I’ve ever posted online, minus the complicated message-board navigation and interspersed comments. Along with the major reports are mini-reports of special events and experiences like D23 Expo, eating at Disneyland’s Club 33, and touring the Cinderella Castle Suite.

Disney Weddings

This section includes my ever-expanding collection of Disney wedding-venue photos, my Tokyo Disney wedding photo tour, and information about my guidebook and bridal organizer, PassPorter’s Disney Weddings & Honeymoons. For the real diehards, there’s a section devoted to every single step of planning our Disney wedding in Morocco at Epcot.

Podcast

Listen here or subscribe to my weekly podcast, Inside Disney Weddings, which covers every aspect of planning a Disney wedding, vow renewal, or honeymoon.

How To

Here you’ll find answers to some of the most common questions I get about Disney vacation planning, including how to special-order a cake, rent Disney Vacation Club points, or plan a private event.

The site is a work in progress. Over the coming months I’ll be adding more past reports and pictures I’ve taken on recent trips and highlighting them in my blog. Click “Subscribe” in the top right-hand corner of this page so you’ll know when updates are posted.

Come on in, have a look around, and tell me what you think!

Sharon September 23, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Looks great Carrie!!!

Chris September 23, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I love your TRs, so this is good news.

The site is pretty, too!

Cait September 23, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Great job Carrie, can’t wait to see more… Welcome to the blogosphere!!!

mrsksomeday - Tracy September 23, 2010 at 12:57 PM

This is such a great idea! I love your TR’s, you are so funny and Patrick’s pictures are fantastic. Your advice is wonderful and so informative.

Jenn Paul September 23, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I loves you and I am So proud of you! Congrats on the launch of this awesome awesome site!

starrzone September 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I’ve read your Tokyo/Tokyo Disney report twice the whole way through, and LOVED it! Good luck with your blog; I kow you’ll do great :)

lurkyloo September 23, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Thanks so much for stopping by, everyone! And for the sweet comments! :)

NeverlandCLub23 September 24, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Love your new site!! I love the colors and the layout! You’re such a wonderful, creative writer, I can’t wait to read more :)

Justsyd September 30, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I’ve been a lurker on all of your other trip reports – love this site, and the fact that it’s so easy to use. Great job, and keep traveling! LOL.

lurkyloo October 8, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Thanks for lurking!

Chinmaya November 5, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Hello,
A quick introduction from my end-Iam Chinmaya from Bangalore,India. The reason for my mail is that I understand that the “sons of the desert” are having their next convention at Hollywood and would want to know if you are attending it. You may check this for more details- http://www.laurelandhardywood.com/ .
Incase you or anyone whom you know are,please let me know as there are somethings that i want to discuss regarding the same.

Regards and best wishes,
Chinmaya

Carrie November 5, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I had never heard of the Sons of the Desert, so I looked it up and discovered it’s a Laurel & Hardy fan club. Fascinating! I wonder if Dick Van Dyke is a member of one of our local chapters. I won’t be attending the convention, but I hope you’re able to find someone who is!