Brand-new Trip Report: Epcot’s 30th Anniversary Celebration!

October 16, 2012

At long last, I’ve started a brand-new trip report! Not only have you never read this one before on the DIS (I mean, before yesterday), but the trip it chronicles happened not one year ago, not one month ago, but just TWO WEEKS ago!

This one is the story of my six jammy-packed days at Walt Disney World on the occasion of Epcot’s 30th birthday, including D23′s day-long celebration capped by desserts in Spaceship Earth’s Siemens Lounge, touring the Food & Wine Festival, a stay in the brand-new Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, a tour of the Creative Costuming Department at Hollywood Studios, and dinner inside The Great Movie Ride (thanks to D23′s Sip & Scream event).

I also took my dessert party obsession to new heights when I managed to attend two Epcot dessert parties SIMULTANEOUSLY, after D23 scheduled theirs to coincide with the Disney Food Blog’s Snack Attack!

You can read it on the DIS or you can read it here—I just hope you’ll read it!

Mary October 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Yay! A new trip report!

Carrie October 19, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Thanks for reading!

Kaylin October 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to Disney World in a week, and I was wondering if you have a large amount of pictures of the food from the Food and Wine festival in EPCOT!Im curious on what some of them look like before I try them. If you know what I mean :) Thank you !

Carrie October 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I’m not sure I have a large number of shots, but I did take a photo of most everything I ate. Let me gather them into a Photobucket album for you to look at, since I probably won’t get to that part of this story before you leave… I’ll post a link here when it’s ready!

Kaylin October 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Sounds like a plan! Thank you so much!

Carrie October 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM

OK, I uploaded all my Food & Wine Fest food shots to this album. There should be a picture of the menu before or after each one so you can figure out what everything is. The big cheese square is lasagna from Italy, and the plate with Le Cellier’s Cheddar Cheese Soup and Mushroom Filet also has Ireland’s Shepherd’s Pie on it. :)