This is the story of my six jammy-packed days at Walt Disney World on the occasion of Epcot’s 30th birthday, including D23’s day-long celebration capped by desserts in Spaceship Earth’s Siemens Lounge, extensive touring of the Food & Wine Festival, a stay in the brand-new Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation, a tour of the Creative Costuming Department at Hollywood Studios, and dinner inside The Great Movie Ride (thanks to D23’s Sip & Scream event).
I also took my dessert party obsession to new heights when I managed to attend two Epcot dessert parties SIMULTANEOUSLY after D23 scheduled its party to coincide with the Disney Food Blog’s Snack Attack!
* Who is in your party? Just me!
* When did you go? September 29–October 4, 2012
* Where did you stay? Beach Club + Art of Animation Little Mermaid wing
* Where did you eat?
- Food & Wine Festival
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
- Beaches & Cream (twice!)
- Inside The Great Movie Ride!
* Any special plans, events, etc.?
- D23’s Epcot 30th Anniversary Event
- Dessert Party at the Siemens Lounge in Spaceship Earth
- D23’s Sip & Scream tour of Hollywood Studios Creative Costuming Department
- D23’s Sip & Scream dinner inside The Great Movie Ride
- Disney Food Blog’s Snack Attack dessert party
- D23’s Sip & Scream American Adventure/Italy dessert party
- Oh yeah, and Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival!