Check Out My New Podcast!

February 23, 2012

I’m thrilled to announce that I’ve started a new show, the Disney Wedding Podcast! Although it has “wedding” in the title, I’m also widening the scope to include planning and celebrating any romantic occasion at the Disney parks and resorts, from engagements and honeymoons to anniversaries and other adults-only trips. And of course there will be lots of discussion of cake…

New episodes air each Wednesday. As with my last show, I’ll offer insider tips, money-saving tricks and inspiring ideas. I’ll also feature interviews with vendors, experts and real Disney brides and grooms.

The first show went live yesterday, and it was a lot of fun to record. Disney Wedding Blog Mentor and honeymooner extraordinaire Chrysty Summers joined me to talk about the Top 3 Romantic Resorts at Walt Disney World (well, technically 6 1/2 cuz there are two of us and I cheated)! We discussed what makes a resort a good choice for a romantic trip, shared stories from our own honeymoon resort-hopping, and answered the question, “Does it have to be a Deluxe resort to be romantic?” We also discovered a mutual disappointment in what we’ve decided is the most overrated honeymoon resort at Walt Disney World.

If you like Disney and you like weddings (or you just have a really boring commute), check out the Disney Wedding Podcast online, in iTunes, on Facebook, or on Twitter!

Hope February 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I’m really glad that you’ll be keeping up the podcast. I enjoyed your other one and I’m glad you’ll still be around to help guide folks through planning fun events. :)

Carrie February 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Thanks, Hope! I’m having a ton of fun on the new show, and I can’t wait to see some of my ideas for future episodes come to fruition!

Kathy Kelly March 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yay! I subscribed in itunes and ordered your book — I just love your blog and trip reports, too!

I would really enjoy some coverage of Disney Vow Renewals in future podcasts.

Carrie March 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Hooray! Thanks! There’s definitely some vow renewal coverage coming up on the show. ;)

Whitney March 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Long-time lurker of your trip reports here. (Is that weird?) Loved the podcast but as someone who stayed at your most overrated hotel on her own honeymoon I completely disagree! :) I do think having a theme-park view room there is key though. Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the podcasts!

Carrie March 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Welcome! I *love* lurkers (I’m not “lurkyloo” on the DIS Boards fer nuthin’!). I love to hear everyone’s opinion and am so glad to know you had a great stay at the Polynesian. I really want to love that place, so I guess I’m just going to have to keep trying. :D